Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Let the Halloween Recipes Begin!

Halloween is just around the corner and although I don’t care for candy, I LOVE Halloween. I have a blast coming up with fun recipes and party ideas. Between now and Halloween I will share many of my past successes with you and maybe some new ones!

I will start with one of my most requested recipes:

BAT WINGS


Halloween Bat Wings
2 lbs. chicken wings, tips intact

Marinade:
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup red wine
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 T. ginger, minced
4 cloves fresh garlic, minced
1 to 4 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce (you pick heat level)
1 teaspoon black food coloring*

Rinse wings and pat dry. Open wings up and press flat to resemble bat wings. Put all marinade ingredients into a heavy duty re-sealable baggie and squish to mix thoroughly. Add the wings, keeping them opened flat as much as possible, and marinate wings for at least 12 hours, turning occasionally to ensure each wing blackens thoroughly. The food color will turn the wings a greenish color, then a purplish color before they turn black.

Remove wings from marinade. Discard marinade. Lay out wings flat on the grill and cook over medium grill for approximately 20-25 minutes.
Once you get past the creepy appearance, the taste is wonderful!

*Black food color can be found in specialty stores such as cake decorating and candy stores - also carried at times in craft stores and your local grocery store.

Tomorrow I'll show you how to make a glowing, Toxic Waste Punch!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Site Meter