Thursday, October 8, 2009

GLOWING TOXIC WASTE PUNCH

This punch is great for both children and adult parties! The eerie bluish-green glow that emits from this punch will have everyone wondering what's really in this beverage! 

GLOWING TOXIC WASTE PUNCH

You will need:
A glass punch bowl
1 package of 6, yellow or green glow sticks
Spring form cake pan
2 cans, frozen margarita mix, thawed
3 cups Sprite or Squirt soda, chilled
4 cups blue Gatorade, chilled

(*For adult parties offer choices of vodka, rum, tequila or gin, and use punch as the mixer).


Make a base for your glass punch bowl using the rim of a spring form pan. Just prior to preparing the punch, activate two glow sticks and place inside spring form pan, placing punch bowl securely on top. I placed a couple globs of sticky tack in place to keep punch bowl from sliding around on base. Cover base with dried leaves or spider webbing or a black netting.

Stir in punch ingredients – turn out the lights and watch it glow!

In this photo I had dressed up one of my yard decor scarecrows in this skeleton costume and put a name tag on him that said, "Bartender - May I lend you a hand?"  Then I placed a severed hand by the punchbowl for laughs.

Speaking of 'severed' - tomorrow we'll do Severed Finger Hors D'Oeuvres!

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to say that's cute. But it's not. But it IS!? LOL! Very clever & creative. Where does one get glow sticks?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I apologize for the delay in responding to your comment. Sadly enough I am just now figuring out how to even view my comments!
    Good question however. Glow-sticks can be found at most Party stores and are also often available at dollar stores. I wish my photography could have caught the eerie glowing effect when the lights are dimmed. It was quite fun.

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter