Tuesday, March 23, 2010

OMG! - This original newbie got snatched up so quickly, I couldn't even get a picture!!! Meet my newest invention...

When a food disappears as soon as you set it out, that is a very, very good sign. Tonight I invented ...wait for it...PIZZA FRIES!

I kid you not - I didn't even get a chance to grab the camera on this one. You won't believe how simple these are to make. And the best part is (besides the taste) ...they are made from LEFTOVER pizza!
Here is what I did:

Pizza Fries
Ingredients:   
Leftover pizza (any style)
Pre-shredded cheese blend
Instructions:
Preheat oven to 450-degrees.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
On cutting board, cut cold pizza into the shape of a French fry - in approximately 2 & 1/2" x 3/4" strips.
Place willy-nilly in a single layer onto parchment covered backing sheet.
Cover modestly with shredded cheese - don't be afraid to let the cheese fall where it may - one of the best things about these pizza fries is the crunchy cheese that melts under and beside the "fries" and crisps up to make this beautiful texture that literally makes these pizza fries irresistable.
Bake for approximately 12-14 minutes until fries are golden brown and cheese has toasted up nicely on top as well as inbetween the fries.
Next time I make these - I will have to do so in secret so I can post a photo. Enjoy! I know you will!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like we need to have pizza so we can try this!!

    ReplyDelete

 
Site Meter